WHAT IS MYZONE?
MYZONE® is a chest strap and monitoring system that displays heart rate, calories, time and effort to a monitor or to the MYZONE App, while simultaneously creating an online logbook of all physical activity that can be viewed anywhere in the world.
Why use Myzone with CrossFit?
Myzone adds useful data to your CrossFit workout. This data is useful in many ways including determining the nature of the fatigue you feel during your workout. Everyone feels fatigue in a CrossFit workout. Understanding if your cardiovascular fitness is holding you back or whether it is muscle fatigue have very different training implications. Learning to rest is important too. Myzone provides a biofeedback allowing you to get the most out of wods that have programmed rest. Myzone provides another measure of your efforts outside of the CrossFit standard of reps and rounds.
With Myzone you can:
Exercise inside and outside of CrossFit Tallahassee and have your effort activity recorded.
- Login online anywhere and track your activity and progress.
- Earn Myzone Effort Points (MEPs) for every minute of physical activity.
- Participate in challenges based on Meps and other factors.
- Check in with friends to see how they did in the workout.
- If you choose you can share your results on social media too.
How does it work?
Working out at CrossFit Tallahassee:
- Your Myzone belt is automatically detected by the Myzone receiver when you are within range.
- If you move out of range, say to run 400m, your Myzone belt continues to track your effort then when you return it uploads the new data to the cloud.
- On our monitors you have a dedicated tile that shows your nickname, calories burned, current heart rate, Meps and a % of your maximum effort.
Operating Myzone outside of CrossFit Tallahassee:
- Your Myzone belt connects through an app on your phone.
- It has an internal memory that records your workouts for 16 hours and a rechargeable battery that lasts a year between charges.
- If you leave us your Myzone belt and account go with you to your new CrossFit box.