What is working out at CFTally like?
What is a typical Class?
We perform a constantly varied workout using functional movements at high intensity. This enables you to get a comprehensive full-body workout in under an hour. Classes are instructor-led and peer-driven, providing an excellent mixture of individual coaching and group motivation. Workouts are constantly varied and unique, ensuring that you always make progress. There is no plateauing in CrossFit! We combine elements of boot camp workouts, gymnastics (especially rings), olympic weightlifting, rowing, and running. Some workouts are done for time, others for maximum number of reps. Any way it shows up, you'll be working hard!
The possibililies for fitness are endless: Monday, you could be doing pushups, squats, and pullups. Tuesday, you could be doing dead lifts, presses, and jump-rope. We have a huge number of exercises to choose from, so working out never becomes boring!
How does it work?
CrossFit works because our brand of fitness is broad and inclusive. We specialize in not specializing! There are Ten General Physical Skills we promote at CrossFit:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Because of the focus on each of these skills, our athletes see significant improvements in their body composition, work capacity, health markers (BP, Cholesterol, HDL, etc.), and their ability to perform tasks in sport and their daily lives.
Is CrossFit right for me?
Everyone can do a CrossFit workout!
You won't be asked to lift more weight than you're able to, nor will we ask you to perform beyond your skill set. What we will do is challenge you to push your limits by increasing your skill set and giving it your all at every WOD. Intensity equals results!
Join us for a free trial Workout!
Once you have completed the free trial form then come to CFTally at the time you selected ready to workout.
You don't need to bring anything special just dress to workout. You'll get a great workout, meet some nice people and get a taste of what we do.