Starting Right Makes all the Difference
Tallahassee CrossFit Foundation Class
Getting off to a Great Start!
Starting is hard, CrossFit can be scary. We get it.
We know what works because we've been doing this for a long time. Many of the CrossFitters in Tallahassee started with us. Just ask them.
The Foundation class is designed to give you a great start. We spend a lot of time developing our Foundation class and in our 6+ years of being a CrossFit affiliate we have found this is the best approach.
What do I get with Foundation class?
Our Head Coach Greg Keeter (Click for bio) coaches the Foundation class which includes;
- A 4 hour Introduction to CrossFitting at Tallahassee CrossFit
- A post-Foundations call to discuss your progress and initial experiences
- A Goal Setting interview designed to make your included personal coaching sessions productive and to integrate your specific goals into the Tallahassee CrossFit training program.
Two Personal Coaching Sessions with our Coaching Staff:
The first in your first 30 days and the second between 30 and 60 days.
A Guide to CrossFitting at Tallahassee CrossFit manual. (Published on 5/1/15)
What will I learn?
So many things! We answer all the beginner questions you might have and answer a bunch you haven't thought of yet too!
Here are few of the many subjects and questions we will thoroughly cover.
What is CrossFit? It's probably not what you think . . .
- CrossFit is not a franchise.
- Why is CrossFit different than what you have done before?
- What is the Tallahassee CrossFit difference?
What is the WOD?
- What can I expect when I come to workout?
- Interacting with the Coaches & Trainers
- Your new best buddies
- Scaling/modified workouts
Recovery or "Now that I've done the wod, what now?"
- Nutrition; Fueling for performance
- Sleep; Essential for a full recovery and is what "Makes" you strong
- Foam Rolling & Stretching; We do it as part of every workout
- Active Recovery; Yoga yes, 100 mile bike ride no!
- Injury Prevention; Injury processes cause injuries and by intervening you can prevent them
Why Efficiency Matters: Applying just enough force to get the job done
- Power Generation; Core to Extremity - Bigger to Smaller
- Technique; Getting the Power from where you make it to where you want it
- Understanding CrossFit Intensity and Why it is unpleasant but necessary
Tallahassee CrossFit Community
- Why our community is unique, strong and necessary . . . and a family
- We celebrate and commiserate together
- Everyone does the wod, not a wod but our wod. It's the thing that makes us a community
Tallahassee CrossFit Coaches & Trainers
- What do we do when we coach you?
- Who's a Coach and Who's a Trainer and What's the difference?
- Being coached and why no one is ever too good to get coached
Introduction to Olympic Weightlifting
- Proper Handling of a weightlifting Bar
- Front Squat (Part of the Clean)
- Overhead Squat (Part of the Snatch)
- Push Press
- Push Jerk
Introduction to Gymnastic Movements
- Air Squat
Introduction to Power Lifting Movements
- Shoulder Press
Managing Your Training
- Using Wodify; Scheduling and Recording Results
- Training Frequency; We think CrossFit works best when it's part of your everyday life
- Integrating Specific Goals with the Tallahassee CrossFit training program
- Personal Coaching for when you need concentrated help or want results even faster!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I HAVE to do the Foundation class?
The short answer is yes. If you have significant CrossFit experience then no. But we still want you to come even to the point where we will not charge you. Contact us to see what is right for you. If you are in between then we need to talk about the best approach for you.
While I have never done CrossFit I am an accomplished athlete (High School, college, professional, fill in the blank, etc), do I STILL need to come to the Foundation class?
The Foundation class is not about your present fitness level nor really about your athletic experience. We have been doing this for quite a while and it is our experience that whenever we allow someone to skip the Foundation class it never or almost never turns out well. If you feel after your completing it that you did not learn enough to justify your time and money then we will refund your Foundation fee. Please discuss this with us prior to attending.
I have time conflict. Is there something I can do?
Yes, we can be very flexible. If you need to leave early or come late, we can work it out. If its going to be a few weeks until you get an opening to attend we can work it out. We can work it out, just give us a call and let us know what you need.
Really, everyone does the Foundation class?
Yes, everyone does. For instance all of our Coaches and Trainers started in our Foundation class. At this point there are many people in Tallahassee that began their CrossFit career in our Foundation class. Its our best effort to give you what you need to be successful right from the start in CrossFit.